Sign in to follow this  
Jim.

Stimulating members to increase Site activity.

7 posts in this topic

This post was written out of the top of my head, it is thus more a collection of thoughts then a solid suggestion. I hope that with this post we can start a discussion and see if we can grow.

During the last community-wide meeting it was expressed that plans were on the table to move a lot of activity away from Discord and onto the website/forums. I was wondering if there were any concrete plans on how to stimulate members to somewhat let go of their trusted environment (discord), and try out our forums a bit more. In past communities that I was envolved with, I noticed a few techniques that were applied to do this stimulating. The prime was in the form of rewards, very basic really. The more Forum /  Website activity a member puts in, small rewards will be made available to the member; such as a month long VIP on the Squad server. Or, for example, when the member keeps it up over for instance three months, a piece of merchandise will be mailed to the member. Doesn't have to be big, perhaps a mug with TLR logo and members name on it, or a baseball cap.

Another trick was to give members that were using the Forums / Website actively a different color on Discord. I realise this will be impractical; since all TLR members are equal and no differences in rank should be made besides the founders and the rest. However, perhaps a small emoji behind the name? Or a very cool personally made avatar? Or a small icon behind the name, just how the Green Jackets now have on discord?

I was just thinking about the topic. What do you guys think? Any ideas on how to motivate people to use the forums / site more? Maybe we can add a music player to the site? :P Or some other edgy widget? 

Jim.

Edited by Jim.
  • Like 1

I like these ideas and appreciate the effort, we deffo need more ideas like this to make the forums the main form of communication going forward. Will bring these ideas up with the other founders and see if we can put some of them in place, luckily the forum also does facilitate tracking metrics such as post count and reputation. Good work man!

9 hours ago, ImpartialMeat3 said:

I like these ideas and appreciate the effort, we deffo need more ideas like this to make the forums the main form of communication going forward. Will bring these ideas up with the other founders and see if we can put some of them in place, luckily the forum also does facilitate tracking metrics such as post count and reputation. Good work man!

Glad they are appreciated, however I would still love input from other members of the community. Please do not just implement something when im the only one that brought it up. What if others completely disagree? I linked this post on discord, hopefully some others will reply with their ideas.

Edited by Jim.

Me personally... I think forum sign up is an absolute must! You don't have to comment on every post, but contributing in some manner would be nice.

Agree, we had a talk about this yesterday as well. 

When I've been involved in this sorta thing before I have just made sure to arrange large scale meet ups on the forum and provide a link to it on discord, that way people have to come on the website and get set up to find the necessary info (eg arranging matches, talking tactics, training, internal events etc).

I see your point, my question however is how you want to measure the activity. I have commented a lot on posts, yet my community score is still at zero. Another point is the financing for merch. I don't know the complete finances of TLR, but it sstill seems kinda small, so there might not be room for that. Again this is based of of presumption.

• Like 1