Sign in to follow this  
Jim.

[ What is: The Division ]

7 posts in this topic

What is: The Division
The Division is an (online-only) MMO developed by Massive Entertainment and published by Ubisoft. The player, who is a Special Agent of the Strategic Homeland Division, commonly referred to as simply "The Division", is tasked with helping the group rebuild its operations in Manhattan, investigate the nature of the outbreak, and combating criminal activity in its wake. I feel that it is important to state that The Division is an MMO at its core; enemies take a lot of damage before they die, sometimes even being called 'bullet-sponges', additionally you have skills that have cooldowns and you mostly run 'dungeons' with friends. All just like in other MMO's. Despite it being an MMOTPS (MMO-Third Person Shooter), please do not mistake The Division for a shooter like most others on the market, since you might be disappointed when enemies do not die in a few shots.

The Division is set in an open world mid-crisis Manhattan with destructive environments that can be freely explored by the players. The player's mission is to restore order by investigating the source of a virus. The player character can carry three weapons, and explosives like sticky bombs and seeker mines to fight against enemies. Players may take cover behind objects during fire-fights to avoid taking damage from enemies, and to give them a tactical advantage when attacking. As the game is played from a third-person, the character model is visible.

As players progress, they earn XP and currency, just like in any other MMO. They can use this currency to buy weapons and gear, and use the points to learn new talents and skills. The player's gear is categorized into seven levels; ranging from the basic grey color all the way to dark green and red items, which are called Gear-Set items and exotics. Gear can be either bought, or found as in-game loot, or crafted from gathered materials. The storyline missions involve objectives that are relevant to their respective wing of the Base of Operations (BoO), which servers as the player's home base.

At the player's home base there are three wings which are the
Medical, Security and Tech wing. Playing missions for a wing grants the player points for that wing which can then be used to gain access to new talents, perks and facilities in the Base of Operations. The player will receive cool intel videos from missions, which the player can watch. These intel videos are specific to the wings and give a great view of what the story is all about and who the player is fighting in the open world. The game features a dynamic, time-based weather system which may bring benefits or disadvantages to players. For instance, snow storms can hinder player's visibility and make aiming difficult. The game also features a day-night cycle which can change the behaviour of enemies in the game.

217403_division-banner-kv1.jpg

Buying: The Division
If you are interested in picking up The Division, there's various way to do so. The game is both available on Uplay (Ubisofts ) as it is on Steam. Besides the option of buying it full price, site's such as G2A also offer discounted gamecodes. Below I linked the legit options via Uplay and Steam.

[€29,99] The base game via Uplay, without Underground, Survival or Last Stand. These expansions were the paid content of Season 1. To get this content you need the season pass, which is included in the gold addition listed below.
Link: http://store.ubi.com/nl/tom-clancy-s-the-division-tm-/56c494ad88a7e300458b4d62.html

[€79,99] The base game + season pass via Uplay. This version includes the DLC content; Underground, Survival and Last Stand. I personally would recommend getting the base game first, see if it's something you truly like before picking up a season pass.
Link: http://store.ubi.com/nl/tom-clancy-s-the-division-tm---gold-edition/56c4948e88a7e300458b48ac.html

[€49,99] The base game via Steam. Interesting is that on Steam it currently costs you more to get the game compared to Uplay. I would recommend getting it from Uplay, save you some money for exactly the same content.
Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/365590/Tom_Clancys_The_Division/

[€89,99] The base game + season pass via Steam. Again, a solid increase in costs compared to Uplay. I would recommend getting it from Uplay, save you some money for exactly the same content.
Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/365590/Tom_Clancys_The_Division/

The Review
Finally, I want to leave you with the review. I have watched a fair share of reviews of this game, and up to 1.8 most of them had a truly angry undertone. That changed mostly after 1.8. The review that describes The Division the best, is the following. Have fun watching, relax, and hopefully till in the game.

Edited by Jim.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Emu West said:

I really hate how well you make forum posts look.

haha thanks! Make sure to leave a thumbs up and if you're new, hit that subscribe button!

1 hour ago, Emu West said:

I really hate how well you make forum posts look.

I know right, Now I need to step up my game.. I can't just post a text with video anymore....

30 minutes ago, IcemanZ said:

I know right, Now I need to step up my game.. I can't just post a text with video anymore....

Or in your Case, just a video without even any sort of text. ;)

9 minutes ago, HalberDude said:

Or in your Case, just a video without even any sort of text. ;)

FAKE NEWS

Btw if anyone is cheap like me, you can pick up the game + season pass for really cheap in key shops. I bought mine there, spent around 15$ for game + season pass, months ago.

• Thanks 1