Sign in to follow this  
Pigeon

GM's Corner

8 posts in this topic

Thought with more people getting into GM'ing I could be handy to have a thread for tips and tricks for some of the tools we use like roll20, and the related macros, scripts, sheets and API.  

• Like 1

What I’m working on right now:
Was a little disappointed with the functionality of the roll20 monster manual, mainly the lack of spells being clickable from the character sheet and not placed in spell slots:

cVdZb5f.png

QJ74xx5.png

So for an example, I wanted to make a Nibog (from Volo's Guide to Monsters without having to buy Volo's Guide to Monsters on Roll20, already having the book)

So I make a token using
http://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/

ynl7hAs.png

Now the slightly more complex part! 

I used the custom sheet ‘D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet’ and installed the [5e Shaped Script] into the API (sorry Pro users only)

D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6328117/5e-shaped/?pageforid=6328117#post-6328117

[5e Shaped Script]
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5222093/5e-shaped-script-version-11-plus/?pageforid=5222093#post-5222093

After tweaking the shaped sheet to do a few things I wanted, like what bar represents what, always rolling with/without advantage, adding token macros on import, rolling HP on the token drop and a few other bits that depend on how you want to run your monsters/game.

Now it gets back to being simple, just had to upload the token, click on it and run the command: !shaped-monsters

nhlraVY.png

And picked the Nibog from the dropdown list, Boom! Fully filled out the character sheet, spells clickable and auto spell slot marks off where appropriate, and all the token macros set up to roll how I want. 

41APC3X.png

Qet74r7.png

ROlb2oh.png

IMHO a much faster and cheaper way of adding all the monsters and spells from:

Curse Of Strahd 
Elemental Evil
Hoard Of The Dragon Queen
Lost Mine Of Phandelver Monster Manual
Out Of The Abyss
Princes Of The Apocalypse
Sword Coast Adventurers Guide
The Rise Of Tiamat
Tome Of Beasts
Volos GuideTo Monsters
Xanathars Guide To Everything

• Like 2

You made this topic just to show off didn't you...?

Very Nicely done man!

• Haha 1

🤣well more for a repository of handy sites and macros, and where someone new to roll20 can ask how do I do this or that, but totally showing off too! 

On 5/10/2018 at 8:29 PM, Pigeon said:

Handy link from Reddit a spreadsheet with all the description and cost for 5e Equipment, potions, weapons, positions and magical items, all in one place for when your plays want to go shopping!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SCCUTnvdAduH5TFm15aBK9Gnr6WIu22nrJHa1Hq312Y/edit?usp=sharing

Can't say I totally agree with all the set prices, however the price ranges in the DMG or so wide that it can be a useful tool to at least get general range of how much the item might be worth.

3 hours ago, HalberDude said:

Can't say I totally agree with all the set prices, however the price ranges in the DMG or so wide that it can be a useful tool to at least get general range of how much the item might be worth.

Are you saying you were overcharged for a Flute? 😉

Like the format, as it can bed edited to fit your own campaign, world, region, and is a starting point. Needs the expansions added, will probably add those in the next week or so in their own subcategories by book....will make a copy of the copy and work on it so anyone using it in the meantime does not get half added items!